Evan Newbolt, MD
Board Certified Cataract & LASIK Surgeon
Dr. Evan Newbolt is a Board Certified Cataract and LASIK surgeon. He is a highly skilled and detailed physician. He is also known for his laid-back personality and ability to relate to his patients. Having undergone LASIK surgery himself, he knows firsthand what his patients experience during every stage of their eye care. Dr. Newbolt is fully dedicated to providing his patients with a dazzling experience from their first appointment to their incredible surgical results.
In addition to providing laser cataract surgery, traditional cataract surgery and bladeless LASIK surgery, he also enjoys comprehensive medical Ophthalmology. He provides diagnosis and treatment for a number of eye diseases, including glaucoma and diabetic eye care. Dr. Newbolt offers our patients Avastin® Retinal Injections in all four locations.
Dr. Evan Newbolt was born and raised in Mena, Arkansas, and currently resides in the Little Rock area with his wife and their Golden Retriever, Sadie. He is an avid fan of the Arkansas Razorbacks and the Denver Broncos. He sees patients at our Pine Bluff, Hot Springs, Little Rock and Bryant locations.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor of Science in Biology earned from University of Arkansas in Fayetteville
- Doctor of Medicine earned from University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock
- Residency completed at West Virginia University Eye Institute in Morgantown, West Virginia
- Named Co-Chief Resident, Department of Ophthalmology
HONORS, AWARDS, MEMBERSHIPS, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Named as 2016 “Best Healthcare Professionals” in Ophthalmology by AY Magazine
- “2013 Resident of the Year” at West Virginia University Eye Institute
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Certified by Ziemer®, Allegretto® and LenSx® Lasers
- Certified to administer Avastin™ Intravitreal Injections for treatment of various Retinal issues
- Named as 2016 and 2017 Best Healthcare Professionals in Ophthalmology by AY Magazine.
Hear what Dr. Newbolt’s patients are saying:
I had been thinking about LASIK for a while. When I finally decided to come in, I learned that Dr. Newbolt has had the surgery himself so he was able to coach me through the whole thing. Everything he said was absolutely true. I am THRILLED with my results! This has been a wonderful experience!
- Carrie | Cabot, AR
Dr. Newbolt is very professional and caring. I came to him because I had heard how good he was. I knew I needed cataract surgery and I wanted to keep my independence. I couldn’t be happier with my vision now! I wouldn’t trust anyone else with my eye sight.
- Jessie | Sparkman, AR
Dr. Newbolt was extremely friendly and he made sure I was comfortable the whole time during my procedure. I was very impressed with him and my vision after LASIK. I highly recommend McFarland Eye Care and, especially, Dr. Newbolt!
- J. Louden | Camden, AR | LASIK Surgery
I’m so excited today because my experience at McFarland Eye Care is everything I thought it would be. Dr. Newbolt did an excellent job with my cataract surgery! He is so caring and reassuring. This has just been such a great experience
- R. Nance | North Little Rock, AR | Cataract Surgery
It’s a miracle, really, to be able to see like this. I can see everything. I couldn’t have asked for a better place or a better LASIK surgeon.