T. Thomas Chwe, O.D.
Board Certified Optometric Physician
Diplomate, American Board of Optometry – One of only 20 in the state of Arkansas
Dr. Tom Chwe is a dedicated and caring Optometric Physician. He has extensive experience in the diagnosis and management of ocular diseases including glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration and various eye disorders. Dr. Chwe is skilled at correcting refractive errors with the proper fitting of contact lenses and glasses. He also provides our patients with pre and post-operative care.”
Dr. Chwe has been to Mexico and the Dominican Republic with the Student Volunteers in Optometric Services to Humanity to provide free eye care and glasses to those in need. He lives in Little Rock with his wife Yury and leads worship at his church every Sunday. He enjoys promoting health and wellness and is a CrossFit Trainer. Dr. Chwe provides patient care in our Pine Bluff, Hot Springs and Little Rock clinics.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science earned from the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario
- Doctor of Optometry earned from the Southern College of Optometry in Memphis
MEMBERSHIPS, HONORS AND AWARDS
- Member of the American Optometric Association and the American Academy of Optometry
- Member of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude and salutatorian from the Southern College of Optometry
- Member of the Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honor Society
- Member of Gold Key International Optometric Honor Society
- Recipient of the prestigious Bausch & Lomb Excellence in Contact Lens Award
- Recipient of the prestigious Outstanding Clinician Award
- Named Ambassador of the Year at the Southern College of Optometry
- 2010 Outstanding Clinician Award - Southern College of Optometry
Hear what Dr. Chwe’s patients are saying:
I am really picky about my doctors and who I trust with my healthcare. From the moment I met with Dr. Tom, I had full confidence in him. He told me exactly what was happening with my vision and what we could do to fix it. He answered all my questions and put my mind at ease. I would recommend him to anyone!
- C. Simmons | Benton, AR
One of the things I most appreciate about Dr. Tom is his attention to detail. But even more important to me than this, is his willingness to spend time with me and answer all my questions. he made sure I understood everything and treated me like family… Like he was caring for his own family.
- S. Raney |Pine Bluff, AR
Dr. Tom is one of the things I like best about McFarlands. He always takes the time to answer my questions.
- Little Rock Patient
Dr. Chwe was very professional and informative. He is kind and a good doctor! I can see very well now with the correct contact diagnosis.