Byron Wilkes, MD
Board Certified Oculofacial Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Byron Wilkes is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist who is Fellowship trained in Oculofacial Plastic Surgery. His remarkable skill in plastic surgery is highly specialized. In some cases, he is the only surgeon in Arkansas who can provide specific types of surgical procedures. Dr. Wilkes provides our patients with a wide variety of surgical and non-surgical solutions to medical and cosmetic concerns. Our patients describe him as smart, caring and a good listener. In a few short years, he has already built a reputation among doctors and patients for being an exceptionally skilled surgeon.
Dr. Wilkes was born and raised in Batesville and currently resides in Little Rock with his wife and three children. He has a heart for sharing his surgical skills with those in need, both locally and abroad. He is actively involved in overseas medical missions, including Guatemala. He is also an avid Arkansas Razorback fan and attends football and basketball games whenever he can. He sees patients at our Pine Bluff, Hot Springs, Little Rock and Bryant locations.
EDUCATION, TRAINING and CERTIFICATIONS
- Doctor of Medicine earned from University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock, with Honors in Research
- Internship in Internal Medicine completed at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock
- Residency in Ophthalmology earned from Dean A. McGee Eye Institute in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Fellowship in Oculofacial Plastic and Orbital Surgery earned from the University of Louisville Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology from 2012-2014 at the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in Memphis
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Cosmetic surgery of the eyes and upper face
- Brow lift
- Forehead lift
- Juvéderm injections
- Botox injections
- Repair of drooping upper lids
- Reduction of “bags” around the eyes
- Correction of tear duct obstructions
- Repair of turning eyelids
- Removal of skin lesions, with biopsy
- Medical BOTOX®
Patients Before & After
Hear what Dr. Wilkes’ patients are saying:
When I came in for my initial clinic appointment with Dr. Wilkes, the first thing I noticed was his smile. He was real relaxed and that made me feel real relaxed, too. I’ve had no problems and am nothing but happy with my surgery and my experience here. I even brought three homemade cakes to the clinic just as a small way of saying thanks for everything!
- Minnie | Stuttgart, AR | Eyelid Surgery
Dr. Wilkes made me feel very comfortable and at ease about having the Botox injections for my migraines. It has been two weeks since I had the botox injections, and I am pleased to report that I have not had a migraine since then! I hope this is an ongoing solution to help relieve the awful burden of migraine headaches!
- Valerie | Hot Springs, AR | Medical Botox®
We have never been to a place where we’ve been treated with such respect. We couldn’t be morepleased with Dr. Wilkes and the surgery.